Take One Dress 2014 - 12 stunning creations

By Victoria As-it-Seams - 01:59

Well, look at this beautiful gallery of creativity!
These are the Take One Dress 2014 creations, and it amazes me that so many beautiful things have been show-cased  on my little blog.
In case you've missed it, Take One Dress was the series running on As it Seams, where each month a different blogger sewed something based on an 'inspiration' dress posted by the previous month's guest.

It's been a lot of fun!

I've made two galleries, for the first and second half of 2014. 


First row

December 2013 The first inspiration, a vintage red dress which inspired me to sew this  Christmas dress for Missy and  pass on the same inspiration to...
January   ...Natalie, Nat and the Gang, who sewed this cute peacock blue Mara blouse, and passed on the inspiration with a dress from her own childhood to...

Second Row

February... Marta, Do Guincho, created a unique lace-zip dress, and then selected an iconic MadMen poster of Miss Holloway for...
March ....Jenya,  While She Was Sleeping, sewed these pinsharp pleats and cute collar, and picked a nautical number to pass to...

Third Row

April ...Suz, Sewpony, who created the most adorable bow-collar dress and picked this floral shift to pass to...
May...Trine, Groovy Baby and Mama who sewed simple, stylish florals and selected this contrast striped dress for...

First Row

June Heidi, Elegance and Elephants, who focused on the stripes for a wearable little dress, and picked a silvery party dress to pass to...
July, Sophie, Ma Vie en Scrap, who created an impeccable Hanami complete with bow and chose a graphic dress for...

 Second Row

August Renee, Nearest the Pin, who combined black and Nani Iro double gauze  and picked a delicate lavender dress for...
September, Tasha, Glitter +Wit, who combined a gold hat with a colour contrast collar and selected her own creation to pass to...

Third Row 

October, Laura, Behind the Hedgerow, who sewed a dress that was guaranteed to create smiles, and chose big bold prints for....
November, Olga, Kid Approved, who sewed the most beautiful big bold print there is for this dress and ...picked a stunning shirt collar dress for....

December, As it Seams.. Me!

So where is my 'Take One Dress' Creation?

Yes, I know it's now 2015, but this being my series I've cut myself a little slack. But it's coming very, very soon. This week in fact!
Wanna see?
Here's a sneaky preview..


Honestly I am slightly in love with which dress Olga inspired me to make. Can't wait to reveal all, and would love to know what you think of this series.






Follow on Bloglovin

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I am so glad I was part of this series! It was very inspiring, and your sneak peek looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved sewing for your series, Victoria!
    Great idea and great creations by all bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry up already! :) :) Just kidding! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you, and try to reply as often as I can, either here or by email. All views, tips, gratefully received...
Victoria